One week to go before Grimm Season 2 returns and is back to being one half of my regular Friday night “Gym and Grimm” schedule.
Grimm is one of the best shows on TV right now; it’s got great Science Fiction, good monsters, and the story is getting very intense.
If you haven’t seen the show or know what it’s about, it follows Nick, who is a Grimm. Grimm’s are descendants of the Brothers Grimm, whose family has been following and exterminating “Wessen” – the creatures of stories: Big bad wolves, little pigs, many other creatures both malicious and benign. These creatures walk among humans, but the Grimms can see the creatures for what they are. Sometimes. Also sometimes, the creatures can see Nick for what he is: a walking executioner of their kind.
Since Nick is pretty much the only one in the show that can see these creatures, he keeps the information to himself. Except that:
- Nick is also a cop and lots of his cases involve wessen now.
- Nick’s partner on the police force is starting to see Wessen now, too.
- Nick’s boss is aware that Nick is a Grimm, and is an old world prince of royal descent that is manipulating Nick.
- Nick’s fiance is under a spell and can’t remember Nick being in her life at all.
- Nick’s fiance is under that same spell which connects her to Nick’s boss – and Nick’s boss to her. They are crazy in love.
Grimm is coming back. When we last saw Nick it was just found out that Juliet (the fiance) and the police Captain are having an affair.
I have a feeling that Nick is not going to take this news well.
I’m looking forward to watching him take it out on everybody.
You go, Grimm!
Grimm is on NBC on Fridays.